Masters Degree Programs
Our master’s degrees enable students to pursue their desired career path, whether in academia or industry. Many programs offer a flexible learning environment (on campus, online, and hybrid) to accommodate students at any stage of their career. These programs typically take about 2 years to complete on a full-time basis. *indicates Professional Science Masters DegreeHow to Apply
Graduate Certificate Programs
College of Science certificate programs include four to six graduate-level courses focused on a concentration within a broader field of study. These flexible, stackable certificates can typically be completed within a year, enabling students to quickly jumpstart their education to meet their goals:
- Advance or switch careers
- Stay ahead of the trends emerging in industry
- Diversify your skill set and enhance your knowledge in a specialized area
Students who have completed an undergraduate degree and would like to further their education, but who are not committed to a full degree program may enroll on a part-time basis and cannot exceed more than two courses per semester. These students may earn a maximum of 12 semester hours over time prior to applying to a degree program.Sign Up
Our PhD candidates are accomplished scholars, striving to respond to society’s most pressing questions, issues, and needs. Northeastern is one of the only universities in the world to offer all PhD students experiential learning opportunities outside of their primary research group. Placements are flexible and customizable, tailored to the interests of students and partners.
Regardless of their discipline, candidates for PhDs in the College of Science partner with world- class faculty in facilities designed to inspire creativity, foster exploration, and fuel discovery. In addition, students can also take advantage of the Northeastern University PhD Network, which is an organization designed to build community among PhD students. The Network provides students with support and resources university-wide to enhance their educational experience and career preparation.How to Apply
The Connected Science Community PhD
The Connected Science Community PhD from the College of Science is a unique pathway to extraordinary career opportunities. This top degree includes: groundbreaking research; the ability to work across disciplines; and extensive, varied work experience that opens your future. Tuition and stipend provided.How to Apply
Connect Across Multidisciplinary Fields with Collaborative Research
- Conduct important fundamental or applied research with personalized mentorship.
- Explore opportunities for collaborative research across disciplines.
- Earn a prestigious PhD Degree and the ability to be a strategic, independent thinker.
Connect With Work Experience to Set Up Your Career
- With the PhD Network, you can be matched with expansive work opportunities.
- Develop an extensive network of prospective employers and connections.
- As a PhD trainee, you will be sought after and poised to enter a top career.
Prepare for an Outstanding, High-Level Career
- Research: Academia, Industry, Government
- Industry: Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, Chemical
- Communication: Science Writing and other Media
- Policy: Government, Ethics, Security, Science Policy
- Business: Consulting, Management, Finance, Entrepreneurship
- Education: Practice and Leadership
Apply to the Connected Science Community PhD
- Apply to the College of Science department or program of greatest interest to you
- You will be admitted into a specific College department or program and also into the Connected Science Community PhD program, run jointly with the NU PhD Network.
- The program includes a full tuition scholarship, a graduate assistant position with stipend, and health insurance.
- Fall Admission Priority Deadline: Dec 1st
- Rolling Admissions: Through March 15th, pending availability
Professional Science Masters Degree Programs
Our professional master’s degree programs enable students to pursue their desired career path, whether in academia or industry. Many programs offer flexible learning environments– on campus, online, and hybrid– to accommodate students at any stage of their career. Our unique programs include an industry-based curriculum and the technical and soft skills needed to pursue careers in business, data, and regulatory fields.Learn More
Plus One Program
Current Northeastern undergraduate students also have the option of pursuing a “Plus One” degree in some majors, allowing them to earn a Master’s Degree in less time.
Students who have completed an undergraduate degree and would like to further their education, but who are not committed to a full degree program may enroll on a part-time basis and cannot exceed more than two courses per semester. These students may earn a maximum of 12 semester hours over time prior to applying to a degree program.