Recognizing that the psychology major prepares students for a wide variety of careers and graduate training programs, we are committed to placing students in co-ops and other work experiences related to their specific areas of interest. Psychology offers co-op jobs in a wide variety of clinical (i.e. client service) and research settings, as well as in business, nonprofit, education and consulting.
Past Northeastern psychology co-op students have worked at a variety of locations in and around Boston, as well as throughout the world. Some employers have been:
- Arbour Hospital in Jamaica Plain, MA as a Mental Health Associate
- Bay State Psychological Associates in Boston, MA working in Client Services
- The Italian home for Children in Jamaica Plain, MA as a Child-care worker
- TJX Companies as an Organizational Development Co-op or a Corporate Human Resources Co-op
- Massachusetts General Hospital Schizophrenia Program in Boston, MA as a Research Assistant
- And many more!