Visiting Researchers and University Groups
The MSC is happy to share our grounds with visiting college-level groups and visiting researchers. The MSC’s campus, situated in a rocky coastal environment, is an ideal place to learn and practice marine science research methods. For information on what our site has to offer, please view the lists of local geology and ecology.
- Scheduling of visits is subject to staff and site availability. The MSC hours of operation are 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
- Research visits during times when Northeastern University is officially closed may be approved upon receiving special consideration.
- We require release forms for all participants, including group leaders.
Cost & How to Pay
- Fees are based on a number of factors, and may change without notice. Please fill out the contact form, and the lab manager will contact you to discuss your needs and determine the fee.
- You will be invoiced after-the-fact for visitations, but in the event that you choose to pay in advance, please note that all checks must be made payable to NORTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY.
- Upon arriving at the MSC, check in at the front desk and submit any outstanding release forms. We require that you also check out at the front desk when concluding your visit.
- To cancel or reschedule your visit, contact the Laboratory Manager (Ryan Hill, [email protected]) as soon as possible.
- Recreational swimming is not permitted at any time, and unauthorized snorkeling or scuba diving is not allowed.
- Restrooms and filtered drinking water are available for use in the main building during hours of operation.