Application Materials Required for All Programs
Please note that in addition to the submission of your online application, all required application materials must also be received by the stated deadlines in order for your application to be considered.
The only GRE and TOEFL institution code needed is 3682. Please note that GRE scores are valid for five years, and TOEFL scores are valid for two years.
Application Materials Required for All Programs*:
2. Application fee – US $75.00
3. Unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended
- Unofficial transcripts should be uploaded to ApplyYourself as part of your application.
- Official transcripts are required of all enrolled students by the first day of the entry term.
*Some programs may require additional materials. Please see individual program application requirements here.
Official transcript submission for international applicants
All students that attended an institution outside of the United States must provide official transcripts and official confirmation of the completion of a Bachelor’s degree (and Master’s degree, if applicable). Transcripts must include certified English translation, and be mailed directly to our office from the issuing institution in a stamped and sealed envelope.
Send official transcripts (only upon enrollment) to:
Graduate Admissions and Student Services
Northeastern University College of Science
206 Mugar Life Sciences Building
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
4. Letters of Recommendation for all degree programs should be submitted online via ApplyYourself.
5. GRE General Scores (Institution code is 3682). GRE Subject scores are required for some programs – please see program requirements.
6. Proof of English Proficiency for all applicants (from one of the following):
- Degree earned or in progress at an U.S. institution – or –
- Degree earned or in progress at an institution where English is the only medium of instruction – or –
- Official exam scores from either the TOEFL iBT, IELTS, or PTE exam
Notes: Materials submitted for admission consideration are university property and will not be returned to the applicant.
The College of Science reserves the right to withdraw an offer of admission at any time prior to or after enrollment if one or more of the following occur:
- There is a discrepancy between the unofficial or self-reported transcript and/or test scores submitted at the time of application and the official transcripts and/or test scores received by the College of Science.
- Applicant does not submit final transcript showing conferral of a bachelor’s, master’s, first professional or equivalent degree from an accredited institution within 30 days of matriculation.
- Applicant fails to meet the deadlines and/or other credential requirements of the degree program to which applicant applied.
- Letters of Recommendation for all degree programs should be submitted online via ApplyYourself. We do not accept recommendations and other documents from Interfolio.