How to Apply
Candidates must meet one of the following pre-requisites prior to being accepted into a program and must supply official confirmation:
- Have received a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university
- Have received a master’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university
- Have received a first professional degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university
- Be an undergraduate enrolled in a PlusOne program at Northeastern University
Application Materials Required for all Graduate Programs
An application for admission and all required application materials must be received by published deadlines.
Application Fee – $75
- Application Fee is waived for PlusOne Master’s programs
- Application Fee is waived for Accelerated PhD programs
- Letters of Recommendation are not required for PlusOne Master’s programs, with the exception of the MS Chemistry which requires a letter affirming support of the thesis project from the thesis advisor
GRE General Scores (Institution code is 3682, valid for 5 years). GRE Subject scores are required for some programs. Please refer to individual program requirements.
- GRE scores are not required for the PlusOne Master’s programs.
Unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended should be uploaded to ApplyYourself as part of your application. Official transcripts, in certified English translation if from an institution outside of the United States, are required of all enrolled students by the first day of the entry term and must be mailed directly from the institution in a mailed and sealed envelope to:
Graduate Admissions and Student Services
Northeastern University College of Science
206 Mugar Life Sciences Building
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
- PlusOne Master’s Applicants do not need to upload transcripts. The Graduate Admissions and Student Services staff will upload your UG transcript after the application is submitted.
Proof of English Proficiency is required for all applicants (from one of the following):
Degree earned or in progress at an U.S. institution*
– or –
Degree earned or in progress at an institution where English is the only medium of instruction
– or –
Official exam scores from either the TOEFL iBT( (institution code is 3682), IELTS, PTE exam or Duolingo English Test. Scores are valid for 2 years from the test date. Please refer to individual program requirements.
- *PlusOne Master’s Applicants do not need to provide proof of English Proficiency.
Application Materials Required by Degree
The College of Science reserves the right to withdraw an offer of admission at any time prior to or after enrollment if one or more of the following occur:
- There is a discrepancy between the unofficial or self-reported transcript and/or test scores submitted at the time of application and the official transcripts and/or test scores received by the College of Science.
- Applicant does not submit a final transcript showing conferral of a bachelor’s, master’s, first professional, or equivalent degree from an accredited institution within 30 days of matriculation.
- Applicant fails to meet the deadlines and/or other credential requirements of the degree program to which the applicant applied.
The College of Science Graduate Admissions and Student Services Office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
College of Science Graduate Programs
205 Mugar Life Sciences Building
360 Huntington Ave
Boston, MA 02115