Charge, Process, and Members
The Strategic Planning Committee is charged to support and monitor the planning process in the following areas:
I. The Committee
The Strategic Planning Committee is established to develop and monitor the strategic planning process for the College. The composition of the membership includes:
- The Chairs of the Departments
- The Associate and Assistant Deans of the College
- The Dean will serve as Chair of the Committee
II. Strategic Planning Process
The strategic planning process will include the following:
- Development and oversight of all appropriate planning documents (Mission, Vision Statement, Values Statement, Strategic Plan, Implementation Plan, etc.)
- A 5-year cycle for implementation of The Plan
- A regularized annual cycle of implementation and assessment
III. Roles and Responsibilities
Committee members will be responsible for the following:
- Understanding the components of an institutional strategic plan and developing those that are necessary (i.e., Vision, Mission, Values Statement, etc.).
- Developing and supporting the objectives and goals of the institutional strategic plan.
- Engaging identified stakeholder groups in the development of the objectives and goals for the institutional strategic plan, and providing feedback to those groups on a continuing basis.
- Overseeing review of annual plans for progress.
- Identifying or developing key indicators and assessment measures to document implementation of the Strategic Plan objectives and goals and reviewing those indicators and measures on an annual basis.
- Actively participating in committee activities and discussions.
IV. Other Responsibilities
In addition to the roles and responsibilities outlined above, Committee members will also:
- Promote and advocate for implementation of the institution’s Strategic Plan to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Actively engage in disseminating information about the planning process, the Strategic Plan, and its implementation.
- Be aware of strategic issues in the internal or external environment related to the institutional planning process and ensure that the Committee is informed.