Psychology Club (PsyClub)
Founded in 1987, PsyClub is run entirely by Northeastern undergraduate psychology majors. Throughout the year, they stage events, run programs, and invite speakers to address the undergraduate student body. Meetings are typically held on Wednesday evenings, with free dinner provided by the Psychology Department.
Advisor: Prof. William Sharp
President: Sarah Zhang
VP: Hunter Coury
PR: Michael Fleischmann
Secretary: Dayang Gong
A sampling of recent PsyClub Events:
- Positive Psychology. Active Minds and PsyClub joined together for a conversation about what positive psychology is (and what it isn’t), how we can benefit by integrating psychological training into our daily lives, and what it will take to implement these strategies on a large scale.
- Department Town Meeting. Faculty from the Psychology Department come to PsyClub every year to answer Psychology students’ questions about the program and course offerings and to ask for their feedback.
- Psychology and Human Services with Lydia Ogden, PhD. Dr. Lydia Ogden spoke about NU’s Human Services program and her academic and professional career. Dr. Ogden is a licensed clinical social worker whose research involves using qualitative research methods to understand social phenomena that surround mental health challenges.
- Co-op Panels. Psychology students who have been on one or more co-ops share how they earned their positions and what their day-to-day lives were like while holding a full-time job in the field of Psychology.
- Careers in Mental Health, Students engaged in a discussion with Nicholas Covino, PsyD, President of William James College, about the variety of clinical career options in psychology and mental health fields.
- And more!