Students, faculty recognized with honors
What an awesome time of year – when all of the honors, awards, and scholarships are announced.
We are very excited to share these and congratulate all of the winners.
Tyler Jensen had the winning poster in the Cell and Molecular Biology category at the American Association for the Advancement of Science meeting.
Adar Thau, a marine biology major, earned the Udall Scholarship Honorable Mention.
Hilary Wong recently earned membership on the American Student Dental Association Presidential Advisory Committee.
The following students were named to the Huntington 100:
- Chelsea Elder, Class of 2017
- Mary Elliott, Class of 2017
- Anne Halverstadt, Class of 2017
- Tyler Jensen, Class of 2017
- Julia Kirslis, Class of 2017
- Grace Lee, Class of 2017
- Emma Parrish, Class of 2017
- Marc-Mina Tawfik, Class of 2018
- Jasmin Wilson, Class of 2020
- Ryan Young, Class of 2017
Four students were honored with the College of Science Dean’s Awards for Graduate Student Excellence. They are:
- Antoni Rangachev, Mathematics PhD Candidate, who received the Research Award
- Chen He, Mathematics PhD Candidate, who received the Teaching Award
- Ishabel Vicaria, Psychology PhD Candidate, who received the Leadership Award
- Yeva Shan, Biology PhD Candidate, who received the Diversity Award
Dawn Cisewski and Brent Nelson were awarded the 2017 College of Science Excellence in Teaching Awards.
Alessandro Di Credico was selected to receive the College of Engineering Outstanding Teacher of First year Engineering Students Award for her teaching of first year engineering students in Physics.
Please share with us additional awardees who should be listed here. Email our web producer Kara Sassone with details of the award.