Special students are students who have completed an undergraduate degree and would like to further their education, but who are not committed to a full degree program.
These students are enrolled on a part-time basis and cannot exceed more than two courses per semester.
Special students may earn a maximum of 12 semester hours over time prior to applying to a degree program.
Please refer to the list of materials required for information on applying.
Special Student Required Materials:
1. Application – ApplyNow
2. Application fee – US $75.00
3. Personal Statement
4. Letter(s) of recommendation vary with each department. Please refer to the degree program of your interest (link to degree program section). All letters must besubmitted online via ApplyYourself.
5. Unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended.
6. Proof of English Proficiency for all applicants (from one of the following):
- Degree earned or in progress at an U.S. institution – or –
- Degree earned or in progress at an institution where English is the only medium of instruction – or –
- Official exam scores from either the TOEFL iBT, IELTS, or PTE exam
*Some programs may require additional materials. Please see individual program application requirements here.