Honors in Behavioral Neuroscience
Behavioral Neuroscience majors have the opportunity to graduate with Honors in Behavioral Neuroscience by earning a strong GPA and completing a research thesis under faculty supervision. The student conducts an advanced research project in close collaboration with an approved faculty research advisor who is working in a Behavioral Neuroscience-related field.
Eligibility for Honors in Behavioral Neuroscience includes:
- A minimum GPA of 3.5 and junior/senior standing.
- Completion of 8 SH of supervised independent research with a research advisor who is a Northeastern faculty member working in a Behavioral Neuroscience-related field. The choice of advisor must be approved by the Behavioral Neuroscience Program Director or Head Advisor.
- Dependent on the research advisor’s departmental affiliation, Behavioral Neuroscience students will follow the Honors in the Discipline guidelines for their respective department e.g. Biology, Psychology, etc.
- The 8 SH of research is completed with two Honors Project courses (4970 Jr/Sr Honors Project 1 and 4971 Jr/Sr Honors Project 2) within the department of their faculty advisor e.g. BIOL 4970 and BIOL 4971, PSYC 4970 and PSYC 4971, etc.
- A written thesis or manuscript for peer-reviewed publication must be approved by the research advisor and the Behavioral Neuroscience Program Director or Head Advisor.
- A copy must be submitted to the Behavioral Neuroscience Program.