Researchers affiliated with the Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology are leaders in their field and mentors to future leaders.
Major research equipment includes:
- Nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometers (300, 400, 500, 700 MHz)
- Numerous mass spectrometers (GC-MS, HPLC-MS, MS/MS, MALDI-TOF, ESI-MS)
- Electron paramagnetic resonance spectrometers (9 GHz, 220 GHz quasioptical)
- Liquid and gas chromatographs, capillary electrophoresis, and atomic emission and absorption spectrometers
- X-ray diffractometers, electron microscopes, and thermal analyzers and calorimeters
- Electrochemical workstation with rotating disk and micro electrodes