Thank you for your interest in the 2020 REU program in the Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology at Northeastern University. The deadline to submit your application is March 16, 2020. The application requires the following:
- Completed online application
- An unofficial transcript
- Personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty who can speak about your scientific skills and potential
- Undergraduates (freshman, sophomore, or junior as of February 2020)
- Students graduating in the 2020 calendar year are not eligible. Northeastern University undergraduate students are not eligible.
- US citizens or permanent residents only
- Students majoring in chemistry, biochemistry, or other related disciplines
- Strong interest in a career that involves scientific research
- Women, first-generation college students, and students from racial and ethnic groups underrepresented in the sciences are encouraged to apply
- Preference will be given to students from institutions without a doctoral program in chemistry/biochemistry/chemical biology
Please follow the instructions below to submit your online application.
- Create an online application account HERE.
- Complete the following sections in the online application:
- Program Information.
- College / School: Science
- Program (SCROLL ALL THE WAY DOWN): Research Experience for Undergraduates – Chemistry. Be sure you are selecting this and NOT Internship.
- Degree Sought: Non-degree
- Concentration / Specialty / Track: Not Applicable
- Enrollment status: Full-time
- Entry Term: Summer 2020
- Biographical Information
- Contact Information
- Application Information
- Education Information
- Please upload a copy of your unofficial undergraduate transcript
- Program Information.
- Test Results – not required
- Employment Experience – not required
- Upload a personal statement to the Supplementary Section.
- In 500 words or fewer please tell us about your aspirations as a scientist and how participating in this summer program fits in with your academic and career goals. Please be sure to include your research interests.
- Complete Supplementary Section questions for REU program applicants.
- Complete the Recommendations Section
- In the Recommendations Provider List, add the names and contact information of two recommenders. The recommenders will receive an automated e-mail from the application system with a link to submit their recommendations online.
- Submit Application
- The application fee will be WAIVED. Please select that you will be paying the application fee by check and we will waive it upon submission of your application.