Special Student Status

This program allows individuals outside the university community to enroll in a limited number of graduate courses offered in the Department of Chemistry & Chemical Biology and earn course credits. A maximum of 12 SH of course credit (most courses are valued at 3 SH each) can be earned as a special student. This is not a degree granting program. Since this is not a degree program, a bachelor’s degree is required but not necessarily the complete traditional coursework presented by a BA/BS chemistry applicant. International students are not normally eligible for special student status. Interested international students should contact the College of Science Graduate Student Services Office for further information.