The PlusOne Program at Northeastern University allows motivated students to accelerate their study by applying graduate credits taken as an undergraduate to both an undergraduate and a graduate degree.
There are several reasons why the PlusOne MS Bioinformatics program might be right for you.
- Professionals with graduate level experience are more competitive upon entering the workforce.
- The MS in Bioinformatics provides cross-disciplinary training in biology, computer science, and data analytics.
- In as little as 5 years, you can earn a BS in your chosen major and a MS in Bioinformatics while still having the opportunity to participate multiple co-ops.
PlusOne program options:
- BS Behavioral Neuroscience/MS Bioinformatics
- BS Biochemistry/MS Bioinformatics
- BS Biology/MS Bioinformatics
- BS Cell and Molecular Biology/MS Bioinformatics
- BS Computer Science/MS Bioinformatics
- BS Computer Science and Biology/MS Bioinformatics
- BS Data Science and Biochemistry/MS Bioinformatics
Thirty-two graduate credits are required for the PlusOne MS Bioinformatics program. Half of these (16 SH) can be taken as an undergraduate student. The other half will be taken as a graduate student. Upon graduation with a BS, students are considered full-time graduate students, enrolling in the same courses as other second year graduate students in the MS program.
To apply for the PlusOne MS Bioinformatics program you must be a current Northeastern undergraduate student. For more information contact your undergraduate faculty advisor.