Admissions Requirements and Materials
To apply for admission to the MS in Bioinformatics program, applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with a recommended GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Complete the online application: ApplyYourself.
- Application fee ($75.00 USD)
- Upload the following required materials to the Online Application:
- statement of purpose
- two letters of recommendation
- Upload unofficial copies of transcripts from all institutions attended. Official transcripts are only required for admitted students and must be received within 30 days of matriculation. All students who attended an institution outside of the United States must provide official confirmation of the completion of a bachelor’s degree. Transcripts must include certified English translation and be mailed directly to our office from the issuing institution in a stamped and sealed envelope.
- Proof of English Proficiency from one of the following:
- Degree earned or in progress at a U.S. institution
- Degree earned or in progress at an institution whose medium of instruction is English.
- Official scores from either the TOEFL, IBT, IELTS, or PTE exam. A minimum TOEFL score of 90 is required, which is equivalent to an IELTS score of 6.5.
- Send official transcripts (only upon enrollment) to:Graduate Admissions and Student Services
Northeastern University College of Science
206 Mugar Life Sciences
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
GRE scores are not required. Once your application is complete, you will receive a decision in approximately two weeks. For detailed instructions visit the College of Science graduate admissions website.
For more detailed instructions please visit the College of Science graduate admissions website.
Once your application is complete, you will generally receive a decision within two weeks.
Deadlines and Options
Domestic students may select any campus – Boston, San Francisco, or Virtual – and attend classes full or part-time. We strongly advise that you apply at least 1 month prior to the program start date. Applications are due:
- Fall admission: August 15
- Spring admission: December 15
International students needing visa sponsorship must apply to the Boston or San Francisco campus and attend classes full-time. To ensure that visa processing forms are completed in a timely manner, applications are due:
- Fall admission: June 1
- Spring admission: October 1